Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Oh Girl!



As anyone who is my Facebook friend knows, Staci & I have announced the impending arrival of our first child together. And yesterday we found out the exciting news that we are having a girl. This makes me 3-for-3 in the daughter department, which is fine by me. I readily admit that when I found out about Abby and Alexis, I was rooting for a boy both times. This time I was quietly rooting for a girl, even if it means tougher teen years and no real shot of a kid in Major League Baseball. That doesn't she can't be Jenny Finch, though! I'm not sure what's changed my thinking over the last dozen years, but I think Staci & I both got what we wanted. More importantly, everything looks healthy on the baby, though we won't know for sure till Friday's doctor appointment.

A note on the Ultrasound itself. How far technology has come in 12 years! I don't why I'm surprised when look at the progression of other "electronics" (computers, video cameras, computers, etc). The best pictures we saw back in the 90's were grainy and limited to certain angles. Flash forward to 2009, our nurse was able to get every angle of the kid, including split-screen and 4-D (that's live-action 3-D. I didn't know either). And the pictures were as clear as a bell, as you can see from the picture above. It was like watching an embryonic version of "24."

So Addison Brooklyn will join us sometime in May. So we're now onto the fun stuff- like planning the theme and clothes (Staci) and figuring out which baseball game will be little Addy's first (me). Should be a blast!

1 comment:

Mari said...

Oh wow! That is so cool! I teared up a bit looking at the pic.

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff