Thursday, December 10, 2009

Are Nickelback The Atlanta Braves Of Music?



As I work on my paring my massive list of top songs of the decade from 312 to a more manageable 100-150, I noticed a very interesting trend. In 8 of the last 9 years (2008 being the only exception), there has been a Nickelback song in my top 40. Consider:

2001- How You Remind Me, Too Bad
2002- Never Again
2003- Someday
2004- Figured You Out, Feeling Too Damn Good, Paperback Novel
2005- Photograph
2006- Far Away
2007- Rockstar
2009- If Today Was Your Last Day

Yet, as I started cutting songs, many Nickelback tunes were the first to go. Why is that? I find their music pleasant enough, but so many of their songs are interchangeable. They are just one of those bands that doesn't take much time off, so you're constantly hearing a new song, but when it comes to distinguishing one from the other, you'll find yourself at a loss. So, sorry, Nickelback, you had a great decade, but very little will be represented in the BK's Oughts Countdown.

2 comments:

Fun Dad said...

Insert completely necessary, and hilarious, "make fun of nickelback" line here.

Ahem.. "Damn nickelback sucks. I heard they record the sounds of them crying about their ineptitude and sell it for $13.99 an album"

Bill said...

Ha ha! Someone drinking the Hate-orade?

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff