Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Early Impressions



- The first correct prediction of the year, made by me- Pedro Martinez "will be broken down before the All Star break." I was a little off- he was broken down by the 4th inning of his 1st game. Horn tooting complete.

- Joe Torre(LA) and Joe Girardi(NY) won their debuts with their new teams- now can we move on from this story? Please?

- Kerry Wood and Eric Gagne, to quote Dennis Green, "are who we thought they are." Implosions heard from miles away. Alot of heart attacks coming for the NL Central.

- Carlos Gomez is already making Twins fans forget about Torii Hunter.

Now, for the pointless projections you will inevitably hear some baseball broadcaster or ESPN talking head mention. Based on the first 2 games' stats:

- The Dodgers and Nats will go 162-0.
- Michael Bourn will steal 243 bases.
- Xavier Nady will hit 324 home runs.
- Jonathan Papelbon will have 108 saves.

You gotta love it!

2 comments:

The Old Guy said...

It is interesting how a great mind and an average one can sometimes think the same way. In my own post I mentioned a couple of the same points. As for those I didn't mention, it is amzing how less annoying Torre now that he is not a Yankee. That Wood and Gagne matchup was classic. I think Jose and A-Rod know a guy that can get Gagne back on track if he is interested (how many illegitimate saves was that in a row again?). My Mets sources tell me that Gomez has the makings of great player. One never knows with prospects.

Ian O'hEnas said...

I predict that the Blue Jays will take it all this year! :)

So they'll come in last now that I said that...

I still don't like Joe Torre... Sorry Bill / Sorry Pinki...

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff