Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Keystone Victory



My girl Hillary won last night in my former and current home state of PA, 55-45. It is probably not enough to get her back from long-shot in this race against Obama, but it was nice to see her pull out a win here. The reasons Obama didn't win? There may be many, but I don't think it's because the "rednecks" voted for Hillary because of Obama's "bitter" comments last week. Some, including my wife, think this is the case. The reason I don't believe this to be true, is that many of the people he supposedly disparaged are on the Republican side, and thus couldn't vote for either in a closed primary.

Regardless, I think this just begs the powers that be in the DNC to try to find a way to combine these two forces into the superticket that Republicans dreamed about in 1980 with Reagan and Ford. I know it's a long shot, but two candidates working together to bring together this country- what a novel idea!

4 comments:

The Old Guy said...

I think this point of a joint ticket will gather momentum in the coming weeks. I think the problem is President Clinton. I am not sure how well he will take to playing the role of Lynne Cheney. It makes more sense for Obama to be VP for Clinton, but can Clinton bring working class voters that seem form the core of her backers into the Obama. Your point about those who were disparaged is spot on. Those people would never vote Democrat.

Ian O'hEnas said...

I don't like Clinton's tactics or her overbearing need to win at all costs. She thinks it's her party and she'll damn well do with it as she pleases.

I can forsee the Dem. party being shattered sometime by the end of the year. And still think that if she doesn't get the nomination she'll take it to court and sue to have votes counted this way or that way or because this primary was held under a new moon they count double and those under a full moon don't count...

That's what this is falling into - whatever will make her numbers - that's what the party should change the rules to.

I hate the Dem. rules - think most of them are stupid, but we're not 3yrs old (except hillary) and we know that we cannot just change the rules in the middle of a game because we're not winning!

Ian O'hEnas said...

BTW - the Republicans were concentrating on getting people to switch parties for the primaries in these states ever since McCain one their side.

Mari's brothers - Chris and Jack - both did so JUST to vote for Hillary to give McCain an advantage in the Fall... Good work - it seems to have taken effect.

Bill said...

I think you're giving Reps way too much credit. I'm sure there were some who switched, but she won by 215,000 votes.

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff