Monday, March 31, 2008

The Most Wonderful Day Of The Year



"An opener is not like any other game. There's that little extra excitement, a faster beating of the heart. You have that anxiety to get off to a good start, for yourself and for the team. You know that when you win the first one, you can't lose 'em all."- Early Wynn, Washington Senators

Hope springs anew- eveyone in first place, even the Orioles and Giants. I will enjoy my Dodgers in 3 different ways today- the 1st hour I will be watching from work on MLB.TV, 2nd hour on the ride home I will listen on XM, and 3rd hour I will watch from home on ESPN. Multimedia is a beautiful thing. Good luck to everyone's favorite teams (except the Yanks, of course), and let's score some runs!



Meanwhile, how about that first "official" game at Nats Park? Good duel between Tim Hudson and Odalis Perez(HA!), and another walk-off by Mr. NL Clutch, Ryan Zimmerman for the first-place Nats. One of my favorite moments was before the game even started. See if you can hear more than 10 people out of 45,000 cheering over the cascade of boos.

2 comments:

The Old Guy said...

"Mr. NL Clutch?" In order to attain this title, I thought one had to either:

1. Hit for .300 or hit 25 hoome runs in one season
2. Drive in 100 runs in consecutive seasons at least once
3. Have at least 5 walk-off home runs

This guy has a long way to go before we attach the star label to him. He is a good player, but certainly not great. That was a great game. Did watching Odalis doiminate bring back good memories? The great thing about today is that the Cards are still in it and I can hope for a miracle.

Ian O'hEnas said...

I like boos.

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff