Thursday, April 03, 2008

Nats Continue To Shine



Staci and I went to our first regular season game of the year last night in Philly as the Nats took on the Phils. And what a game it was- an old-fashioned 1-0 pitching duel between Cole Hamels and Tim Redding. Washington's Redding, a scrap-heap pickup last year, pitched a one-hitter into the eighth inning. It was the first one-hitter I had ever witnessed, and first 1-0 game I had seen in 8 years. Ryan Zimmerman came through with the game-winning homer, and the Nats improved to 3-0. Really. Even with the temp in the 20's with wind, it's great to be going to games again after a long winter.

2 comments:

Ian O'hEnas said...

Yeah - because I stopped liking them as much - traitors - moving to a new stadium... I miss RFK!

So that's where y'all were...

Mari said...

GO NATS!

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff