Monday, April 21, 2008

Hillary Rally



I stood in line for 3 hours yesterday to hear my girl Hillary speak in Bethlehem. After all the near-misses with rallies because of work obligations, traffic, or just plain bad luck, it was worth it. (It's amazing that as an avid fan of presidential politics for 20 years, this was my first rally. Damn pre-Internet living.) I got to stand pretty close to the stage, with an overflow crowd of 3000, that's not too shabby for me. I also got to shake PA Governor Ed Rendell's hand- while not a big fan of his, meeting anyone that high up in politics (with a few notable exceptions) is still an honor.



I will be the first to admit that she has run a LA Clippers-like strategy with her campaign, but listening to her speak abut issues was a treat. She went into detail, among other things, about her healthcare plan, her plans to end the "No Child Left Behind" disaster, her autism prevention plan, and an economic plan that has us becoming less dependent on oil. Now, I am not naive enough to believe that all promises will be met if elected- it never happens. But her ideas, much like Barrack's, if they can solve even one of these major US disasters, would be so refreshing after 8 years of devolving as a country. Refreshing indeed. Whoever you root for, Pennsylvanians, just VOTE tomorrow.

5 comments:

The Old Guy said...

I cannot wait for you bitter people to vote, so that I do not have to hear about Pennsylvania until November. It is funny to me how the only part of any of the candidate rallies the media covers are the parts where they say something about someone else. I just figured they used those stages to tear the other part. At least that is what the media has taught me. The madness must end and end soon.

Bill said...

The media distorts things? Nooo..She mentioned "her opponent" only twice, and neither in a particularly negative light.

The Old Guy said...

Then I am sure that the media will not cover that particular rally. Also, isn't stupid when candidates refer to "my opponent." We are not stupid, we know who "your opponent" is. I am not a superdelegate, thus I will not instantly switch allegiance if I here the name Senator Clinton.

Bill said...

Actually my rally is on MSNBC- under headline "Democrats trade jabs.." Only video is one of the times she mentioned Obama. Pathetic.

Ian O'hEnas said...

Congrat's on finally getting in - they didn't stop you at the door as a stalker???

HE HE...

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff