Wednesday, March 19, 2008

An Honorable Move



Praising the Yankees isn't something I am used to, but I feel the need to mention the act of generosity and kindness the team displayed yesterday. On their only off-day of the pre-season, the entire team flew from Tampa, Florida to Blacksburg, VA to play a charity event at Virginia Tech. This was more than just a game, as it continued a long healing process for a campus still recovering from last year's mass shooting. The Yankees signed autographs, took pictures and visited the memorial site before taking the field. All the superstars attended, and gave a lifetime of memories to some lucky students. Well done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, they're not all bad. I have disagreed with a lot of the stuff that has happened since Torre left and Hank and Hal took over but I think this was a really classy thing for them to do. I notice no one left a comment on this post but when you write something negetive about the Yankees certain people (yes I'm talking about you Jeff and Ian) are quick to leave comments. Nothing to say now?

Ian O'hEnas said...

Hey I just haven't posted ANYTHING on Bill's blog in a few days... That's all!

I think it was a great thing to do!

Hopefully they (Hal and Hank) will continue to do classy things more often...

Anonymous said...

I'm just busting you Ian. Its rare, lately, that the Yankees do something that I am proud of. I doubt that Hank and Hal will do more classy things. They are tools. The Yanks would be better off if the team were sold to a corporation than with those two crazies at the helm. Giardi (SP?) is another idiot. I miss my Joe Torre!

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff