Friday, July 03, 2009

4th Anniversary of the 4th...



Tomorrow is going to be way too busy to write anything, so let's start this anniversary a day early..

The 4th is a great holiday, not something I was able to say before Staci, a subject I covered last year. And nothing makes it more special than baseball. It was a tradition that started in 1995, when my girlfriend Anne and I went to an Elmira Pioneers game. I also went to a Braves game in Atlanta both in 2000 and 2002. But when Staci and I decided to start our baseball trips in earnest, we headed to Cleveland to see Jacobs Field. It ranks as one of my favorite games that I have been to, just for the life direction that it led me to. And, of course, the next year, at RFK, was our engagement. This year will mark the 8th time, and the 5th consecutive year, that I will be at a game on the 4th. '05 and '06 will most likely never be topped, and that's just fine with me.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Aw! So cute!

Staci Kenney said...

Can't believe its been three years!

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff