Saturday, July 11, 2009

BK's For BK- A Love Story



It's hard to remember this, but once upon a time, I was a HUGE sneaker fan. Always wanted the latest model of shoe, owned the first edition of Air Jordans (okay, they were a rip-off brand, but we were poor!), in fact growing up, it might have been the clothing I cared the most about. Around 1986 or so, I was thrilled when British Knights came to be. Not only was it a great looking sneaker, but it also had my initials- "BK"- right on the side of the shoe! I was already called BK by many people, so this was perfect. And this became all I wore for about the next 10 years. But as usually happens, things change, and BKs faded off the scene. And I eventually moved on to other things.

Then a few months ago, I started thinking about the BKs and started seeing if they were still around. They were hard to find, but British Knights still has an online store..and they had the same style of one of the dozens of pairs I used to own! They arrived today (see above)- and I must say, the style has actually held up through the years! So tonight I will don BKs for the first time since the mid-90s..and I can hardly wait! And just for the young-ins, here's a classic ad for the BKs:

1 comment:

Ian O'hEnas said...

ahhh new shoes! Hopefully they hold up as long as my green Nike's have!!!

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff