Saturday, July 18, 2009

Anytime's Great To Get Friendly!



Sorry that this has turned into the "Nostalgia Blog," but it's something about years that end in "4" or "9" for me..

So it was 20 years ago today that I started my first regular job at Friendly's Restaurant in Dunmore. I has worked many other odds-and-ends jobs, paper route, summers at St Anthony's Field, etc, but this was a new thing for me. I never foresaw myself working in a food-service environment (how funny that is now, considering I have been in it in some form pretty much ever since). I started that day as a dishwasher, but quickly moved into a cooking position. I ended up staying at Dunmore Friendly's for 3 years, and over the course of time, worked at over 10 stores in 4 different states, and as recently as this past winter worked in Quakertown Friendly's as a waiter. I made so many good friends there, not to mention many girlfriends through the years. I can even credit the place for my start in baseball- if I never started in food, I may never have gotten my first break in baseball. Friendly's holds a special place in my heart for all of these reasons, and it all started when I was a 15-year old just looking to make a little money.

1 comment:

Mari said...

Aw! That was a great post. I remember when you started there! 20 years! Jesus!

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff