Friday, May 29, 2009

My Life In A Nutshell



Sorry that i haven't written in awhile, but it's been one of those busy/stressful weeks (10 days, really) that I'd mostly like to forget. Let's start with my health: Last Wednesday, I went to the doctor for the first time in 6 years- I found that I had the first ear infection of my life. The dizziness and loss of hearing was rough, and I thought that was going be the extent of the badness for the week. Not so much.

Last Thursday night, I awoke from a nap in severe pain. The entire right side of my mouth felt like I had been hit with a 2x4. So, the next day, I went to the dentist for the 1st time in 14 years. The problem I was having was my gums, which were beyond enflamed. So Tuesday, I went back to the dentist for what's called a growth scale- they basically stuck a pointy ruler in my mouth and then started scraping both my gums and teeh- all without numbing my mouth. Fun stuff, and I have to go back twicw more next month to finish the job. Hopefully, though, after all of that, I will be back to a "normal" mouth.

And, oh yeah, I had a six game homestand that had a crapload of rain for three of those days (ie many tarp pulls). The worst part of all of this? I haven't been able to drink.

But, today, we take a weekend trip to North Carolina, and get to see old roomie Tracy while seeing some more minor league parks. And do I ever need to get away.

No comments:

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff