Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Staci's Graduation Weekend



Staci graduated from UVA this weekend, earning her doctorate in special education. It was a weekend filled with family and friends from all over, celebrating an event that you rarely see- earning a doctorate is such a rare feat, and it was accomplished by a special person.

During one of my first conversations with Staci 5 1/2 years ago, she told me of her hopes to start working on her doctorate. And she never let go of that dream- she left a good-paying job in her industry, moved away from her friends and new boyfriend (me), and started working on her dream of becoming a doctor. And even as challenges arose, as life continually changed around her, as other life goals were reached (engagement, marriage), Staci kept her eye on the ball. She wrote an amazing dissertation, and she is going to do amazing things. I am so proud to call Staci my wife, and am constantly amazed to know someone who actually makes a difference in this world.



2 comments:

Staci Kenney said...

Awww. Thanks babe. I couldn't have done it without you. Your encouragement and belief in me got me through.

Ian O'hEnas said...

WAHOO!!!! Wait, do we need to still write it like that?

We're all so proud of our little sis!!!

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff