Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Midwest Trip Part One- Kansas City



Staci and I had a nice 4-day weekend in Missouri, flying into St Louis, then immediately driving 3+ hours to Kansas City. We began our trip at the Negro League Museum, which was both fascinating and sad.



Friday night, in an effort to get both famous aspects of KC culture, we went to BB's Lawnside BBQ, a fantastic rib joint that doubled as a blues bar. Neither disappointed, as both the music and food were out of this world.



On Sunday, we went to a Royals game. Stadium #25 for me was nothing special, but it was still a decent ballpark, and it may be my favorite location for an MLB park yet, as it was nestled on the outskirts of town, with no traffic and a laid-back atmosphere. Kansas City was a place I wouldn't mind visiting again.



Coming up tomorrow: St Louis.

1 comment:

Ian O'hEnas said...

Mari didn't try any ribs or bbq! I was shocked! St. Louis is one of the Mecca's for bbq!!!

Glad y'all had fun!

Personally I don't think stadiums that either of you went to prior to your getting together should be counted!

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff