Friday, August 22, 2008

Now Batting...



After 2 postponements because of rain, we finally got our softball game in at Frawley Stadium yesterday. It was the Interns (us) vs. Full Time (them), and I was the Frank Thomas on the A's, old man with all the kids. We won 22-18, and I am happy to say that my line reads: 2-5, 2 RBIs, 1 Run scored; also played a solid left field. We even got our own walk-up music: I had "Rock Rock Til You Drop!" by Def Leppard; "My Hero" by Foo Fighters; and "Overkill" by Men at Work. The fact that I didn't embarrass myself after not playing an organized game in 16 years (and 70 pounds lighter) is the best part to me. And to play on an actual professional baseball field for the first time in my life ranks up near the top of my 2 years in baseball.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where's the video????

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff