Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oughts In Review- 2004



If I were to pick a favorite year of the decade, it would be '04, and not just because I started dating my future wife. It was the year that began the glimmer of a baseball career for me, the funniest movie of the decade (Anchorman) was released, and the best TV show of the decade (Lost) began. The Expos announce a move to DC. And the music was more solid than most other Oughts. Here ya go:


News:
Bush "beats" Kerry, cicadas return from a 17 year sleep. I start working as game day staff for the Potomac Cannons. And oh yea, I started dating some chick named Staci. Wonder what ever happened to her?

Sports:
Dodgers make the playoffs after an 8-year absence by going 93-69, but are quickly eliminated. The Cowboys go back to sucking with a 6-10 record.

New MLB Stadiums Seen: 1 (Baltimore). Also the first place Staci & I see a game together (above)

TV/Movies:
Rescue Me, Lost, Entourage
Anchorman, 50 First Dates, Farenheit 911, Saw

Music:
Alicia Keys- If I Don't Have You
Avril Lavigne- Don't Tell Me
Black Eyed Peas- Hey Mama
Black Eyed Peas- Let's Get It Started
Bowling For Soup- 1985
Britney Spears- Toxic
D12- My Band
Eamon- F*** It
Eminem- Just Lose It
Evanescence- My Immortal
Fat Joe & Terror Squad- Lean Back
Five For Fighting- 100 Years
Hobbastank- The Reason
Howie Day- Collide
Jason Mraz- You & I Both
Jet- Look What You've Done
Jimmy Eat World- Pain
JoJo- Leave
Kanye West- Through The Wire
Kylie Minogue- Can't Get You Out Of My Head
Lil Jon- Get Low
Maroon 5- This Love
Maroon 5- She Will be Loved
Nickelback- Paperback Novel
Norah Jones- Sunrise
Outkast- Roses
Shinedown- 45
Switchfoot- Meant To Live
Train- When I Look To The Sky
Twista, Kanye, Jamie Foxx- Slow Jams
Usher & Lil Jon- Yeah!
Will Ferrell- Afternoon Delight
3 Doors Down- Away From The Sun

1 comment:

Staci Kenney said...

We were so young and in love in that picture. What the hell happened?!? :) Definitely my favorite year of the decade as well.

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff