Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Playoff Hibernation




Tomorrow starts the MLB Playoffs, a wonderful time of year. This is the 3rd time in 4 years, and 4th in 6 years, that the Dodgers have made the playoffs. Which is fantastic, except for two factors: the stress that I feel watching my team in must-win games every day- I live and die with every pitch, and drive myself crazy; and the way it affects my schedule. The latter is not a horrible thing, it just alters my planning on a day-to-day basis for a month. Want to do something next Tuesday? I can let you know Monday after the networks figure out what time the Dodgers game is. And there's no phone calls, emails, Facebook, etc. I have only missed one game in the last 25 years of Dodger playoffs, and that was to be best man in a friend's wedding (which I will never let him live down). The Dodgers haven't made it very far since 1988, so this usually only a week and a half of anomaly. But one of these years, they may actually make it back to the World Series. When that happens, hold your calls and emails till the second week of November.

3 comments:

Staci Kenney said...

Oh, what a fun couple of weeks it is going to be for me who has to live with you through all of this. You need to take it down just a notch ;P

Bill said...

Says the girl who can't watch her team if they're losing by 1 run in the 1st inning. You're worse than me cause you take it out on other people!

Staci Kenney said...

Oh don't even go there sir! Pot calling the kettle black? You don't take it out on other people? No one can talk to you for a week if your team loses or you'll bite their head off. And the reason I can't watch is because I believe that I am bad luck to the team and if I watch when they are behind they will lose. It is scientifically proven. I have turned on the game and the yankees have been ahead and as soon as I start watching, they start losing!

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff