Thursday, July 10, 2008

BK35- My All-Time Dodgers




The latest in the lead-up to my 35th birthday, this list was easier than I had anticpated. I decided to make a normal 25-man roster, and I did not move players from positions that they had played on a Major League level. I did not go on sheer talent alone, as I included their contributions on a team level as well. All players are within my lifetime.

C- Mike Piazza
1B- Steve Garvey
2B- Steve Sax
3B- Pedro Guerrero
SS- Chad Fonville
LF- Kirk Gibson
CF- Brett Butler
RF- Mickey Hatcher
DH- Eddie Murray

Bench- Russell Martin, Eric Karros, Tim Wallach, Andre Ethier, Shawn Green, Dusty Baker, Ron Cey

SPs- Fernando Valenzuela
Orel Hershiser
Ramon Martinez
Pedro Martinez
Brad Penny

Bullpen- Pedro Astacio, Jeff Shaw, Jay Howell, Steve Howe, Eric Gagne(CL)

Manager- Tommy Lasorda

Honorary Captains- Sandy Koufax, Jackie Robinson

4 comments:

The Old Guy said...

Wasn't Jeff Shaw the guy who made the All Star team as a Dodger and wore a Reds uniform because of a trade? I remember finding that interesting when I was seven years old. You might reconsider "sheer talent" as it pertains to your closer.

Bill said...

Other way around, elected as a Red, played as a Dodger. Again, I picked players as my favorite, not as greatest. If you did the same witht the Cards, you'd have to look at McGwire, despite what he's done since.

The Old Guy said...

Actually, at first would Albert Pujols, so I could avoid having to name cheaters.

Ian O'hEnas said...

Go Blue Jays.

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff