Monday, July 14, 2008

BK35- Best Comedy Movies



The clock is ticking- 35 is less than a week away, so here's another self-indulgent list of my favorites. This time around, my favorite movie comedies. The greatest ones are those that you can watch over and over again and still laugh and, of course, quote every line. I believe that most of these qualify, at least for me. In no particular order:

The Early Years ('80s- Early '90s)

Airplane!
Hot Shots 1
Hot Shots 2
Naked Gun
Naked Gun 2 1/2
Police Academy 1
Police Academy 2
Major League
Bull Durham

The Mansfield Years (mid-to-late '90s)

Tommy Boy
Space Balls
Kingpin
There's Something About Mary
Swingers
South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Animal House
Dumb & Dumber
Ace Ventura
Happy Gilmore

The Frat Pack Years (2000's)

Office Space
Old School
Wedding Crashers
Dodgeball
Anchorman
Scary Movie 1, 2 & 3
Not Another Teen Movie
Napoleon Dynamite
Superbad
Borat

4 comments:

The Old Guy said...

So let me get this straight, you can sit through Dodgeball (unwatchable), Not Another Teen Movie (???), and Borat (disappointingly dumb) "over and over again," yet couldn't sit through anything in the Wes Anderson catalogue more than once?

Bill said...

I KNEW I would get crap from you, but you hate mainstream comedies. I like all the Wes Anderson movies, and have watched some of them more than once. It's almost a completely different genre, though.

Ian O'hEnas said...

What about the Pet Detective movie???

Bill said...

It's in there- Ace Ventura.

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff