Monday, June 02, 2008

New York, New York



The end of a busy week for us concluded in the Big Apple. On Saturday, we went to Shea for a Good Riddance visit, as I saw my Dodgers for the first time this year. The best part about it was seeing the magnificent beauty rising up behind it, Citi Field, which will open next year and whose outer fascade looks so similar to my beloved (but never seen) Ebbets Field. You can it below and also beyond the outfield above.



On Sunday, we headed to Yankee Stadium for a tour of the soon-to-be gone old park. It was pretty neat from a baseball perspective, standing on the same field and same dugout (as we are in pic below) where so many greats have played. Again, I think my biggest thrill was seeing the new Stadium going up next door, as it also is paying tribute to the past with its outer fascade looking like Yankee Stadium should look (and hasn't since 1974 remodeling). See below for that. All in all, a fun weekend of baseball past and present.






1 comment:

Ian O'hEnas said...

SWEET! But I couldn't see you loving Yankee stadium so much!!!

HE HE!

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff