Friday, July 20, 2007

Let's Jump In The Way-Back Machine..

Please excuse me while I wallow in a moment of self-pity...

The day was July 20, 1993. SWV had the number-one song in the country with "Weak." A mediocre Dodgers team lost to the Phillies, 8-2, but had an emerging superstar named Mike Piazza went 1-for-4 on his way to one of the best rookie campaigns in MLB history.






And I was working on my 20th birthday at the Dunmore Pizza Hut. It was miserable, and I swore I would never work on my birthday again.

I've stayed true to my promise for 14 years, until now. I have no choice but to work, as the P-Nats start a homestand tonight and I have to be here. But at least I get to be at a ballpark, right? That's what I had convinced myself of until the very first thing we did this morning was..that's right, pulled the tarp. Here's an example of what that is like:



Oh, well, no worries. Tonight will still be fun, and maybe next year there won't be a home game, and I can be drunk by noon on the beach like I normally am.

3 comments:

Ian O'hEnas said...

LETS GO TARP!!! Happy B'lated B'Day BK! and to the Pink One! Hope you had a great time at the game at least. Next year while you're working for the Dodgers it should be better! HE HE Maybe they'll let you throw out the opening pitch b/c it's ur burfdae!

The Old Guy said...

I really hope it rains tonight.

Mari said...

Aw! Next year you will be at the sunny beach drinking your Capn with an umbrella in it.

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff