Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Spring Training Trip Days 3 through 5



The rest of our trip through Florida was great. We went to Port St Lucie on Saturday to see the Dodgers and Mets, amazingly the first time I've see these two rivals play each other. The Dodgers won in the ninth inning, 5-2.

Sunday was melancholy for me, as it was most likely the last time I will see the Dodgers in their 60-year home of Vero Beach. We got their very early and watched the pitchers take batting practice, and got plenty of autographs as they made their way to the stadium. And I got two of '80's favorites, Ken Howell and Mariano Duncan.

The game itself was a downer, as the Dodgers lost 4-1 against the Braves. So many great players have played on this field, I am happy to have seen a few of them in two trips here.

We finished our trip back where we started on Monday, in Orlando. We watched the Nationals get crushed by the Braves 14-5. I have a feeling I'm going to see alot of these guys in Woodbridge this year.

We had a great time in Florida, and certainly did not want to come back to the cold and crappy DC area. Life has to resume sometime, I suppose.

No comments:

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff