Saturday, March 03, 2007

Spring Training Trip Day 2- Vero Beach


It was so great to return to the Dodgers' spring training home for the first time in 4 years. Staci had a great start to the day, as I noticed her favorite player Ryan Zimmerman signing autographs. We both got him to sign, and Staci got a picture with him. She was in heaven. While I didn't get any of the big names I was looking for, I did get one of my favorite old-timers Manny Mota to sign. It was a beautiful day at the park, and we had great seats right behind home plate. And the Dodgers beat the Nats 12-7 in a pretty exciting game. The only downside was finding out that longtime Brooklyn Dodger and World Series hero Clem Labine had passed away that morning. I suppose if you have to hear bad news like that, it should be in a place where Clem was so beloved. Tomorrow: Port St Lucie, home of the Mets.

1 comment:

Mari said...

GO STACI!!!!
He's a cutie!

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff