Friday, March 16, 2007

Nick D'Andrea 1932-2007

My Great-Uncle Nick passed away Thursday at the age of 74. I don't want to make this an obituary so much as a remembrance of the great things that I remember about him. Uncle Nicky stayed single throughout his life, which made him a rich man. He lived 2 doors down from my grandparents, and he would always have Mary and myself down to show us his new technology. The first time I ever saw a personal computer, a Porcshe, and an answering machine, it was at Uncle Nick's. He also owned a drum set which he would let us play, and a speed boat at Lake Wallenpaupack that he would let us "drive" at an early age. He was much more than material things, of course, as he was very giving and generous. The most famous thing my Uncle Nick was known for was his Christmas Eve parties. After everyone ate dinner at their respective places, Uncle Nicky would have 60 of his closest relatives over to his house for a party that was always something special, and he took care of everything himself. He was also a Big Brother for many years, telling us as recently as this Christmas how he still kept in touch with all 3 boys, now grown men, in whose life he made a significant difference. He will be missed by all who knew him.

2 comments:

Ian O'hEnas said...

DAMN! Bro, Let me know if you need ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8-(

IAN

Mari said...

Gosh, I am so sorry, BK. Let me know if we can do anything.

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff