Sunday, May 23, 2010

Thank You "Lost"



It's sometimes hard to believe "Lost" is just a TV show. As I prepare for the retrospective and series finale tonight, I have a bevy of emotions. I'm excited, sad, intrigued, and...well, lost. This is most likely the most emotional farewell for me since "Moonlighting" 20 years ago. Hard to believe Staci & I weren't watching on its first night back in September of 2004. I wanted to, but my schedule as a Chili's bartender (wow, was that like, 10 jobs ago??) was mostly nights, so I wasn't watching much. But in the summer of 2005, we started watching the re-airing of Season 1..and were forever hooked. Through 6 seasons of mysteries, romance, life, death, time-travel, and allusions to dozens of books, spiritualities, and movies, we get our answers tonight. But what if we don't? What if they pull a "Sopranos" and leave it up to us? (Which I personally loved but millions screamed about) I'm actually okay with that- if some things are left for us to decide, mull over and discuss for the next 30 years. Regardless of how it ends, thank you "Lost" for 6 wonderful seasons and for being a show that made you think in an era of reality garbage. You will be missed.

No comments:

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff