Monday, May 24, 2010

"24" Clock Ticks Down to Zero



On the heels of last night's phenomenal finale of "Lost," I have to say goodbye to my other favorite drama of the last 20 years in "24." While this is not as melancholy for me as "Lost," it is still sad to see a great show end after 9 years. I am proud to say I was with this show from Minute One, and turned dozens of friends and associates into "24" fans. The premise was risky back in 2001- every episode played in real time, and by season's end would equal one 24-hour day. At its best, "24" was the best adrenaline rush on TV- Seasons 1, 2 and 5 being my favorite 3 years. While it has lost some its luster, it has rebounded from the debacle of Season 6 and a 20-month hiatus because of the writers' strike. Jack Bauer is one the best and most complicated characters in the history of television. Here's to 2 more great hours of TV, and me not being too tired after our game tonight to sit down and watch it!

No comments:

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff