Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Third Season In The Books



Yesterday ended my third full season in Minor League Baseball, 2nd with the Potomac Nationals. There is a definite melancholy associated with the finishing of a physically and mentally draining 5-month period, but also a sense of relief. Things to look forward to: catching up on much-needed sleep, hanging out with friends you haven't seen much since March, spending time with your wife, and knowing you do not have to worry about what the weather is for a long time. Though it has been a trying season at times (being sick twice, various knee and ankle injuries, dealing with the owner's crazy-ass wife), it also has been the most fun and rewarding. The people I got to work with this year have (mostly) been a pleasure, and good friendships were formed or strengthened. It was also alot of fun running the Team Store (except for the afore-mentioned crazy bitch). It solidified my thinking that merchandise is where I will be in the long run. So, here's to you, '09 P-Nats- and looking forward to to '10!

1 comment:

Staci Kenney said...

Congrats Baby! I honestly don't know how you guys keep up that grueling schedule. I'm glad I'll be seeing you at home more often! Also, ignore crazy bitch. You did a phenomenal job running the team store this year!

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff