Thursday, September 03, 2009

K-Tel Records- Those Were The Days!



K-Tel popped into my mind last night during a conversation with Paul. If you're over 30, you could not avoid these commercials on your 4 TV channels when you were a kid. K-Tel mostly did compilation albums of popular songs (much like "NOW That's What I Call Music" CDs in present times). The difference being that these ads aired seemingly every 5 minutes for about 15 years. Ah, memories..here's an example:



Which brought me to this...a stand-alone music compilation called "Freedom Rock." The songs were fine- it was the commercial that sucked and was shoved down our throats. Two aging hippies- "Is that Freedom Rock? Well, turn it up man!" Here it is:

1 comment:

Staci Kenney said...

I think that commercial alone is the reason that to this day I don't like hippies!

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff