Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Dodger Passenger



Sorry that I have been MIA, but I have a very busy stretch, followed by vacation. But hopefully, you will be hearing more from me in the coming weeks, including the Family Guy Madness promised in my last post.

For today, let me tell you of my meeting with semi-greatness. During one of our games last week, my GM asked if I could drive a sick coach to the hospital. That coach happened to be former All-Star and World Champion Devon White, who was also considered the best defensive center fielder of the '90's behind Ken Griffey Jr. But even more exciting to me was the fact that Devon had two mediocre years with my Dodgers.

Of course, there was no way I could even a conversation with someone who was keeled over in pain, let alone tell him that I was a big fan. I felt bad for him, as he was clearly in alot of pain. Later, I found out that he had a mild heart attack, but is doing better. I feel good that I might have played a small part in saving his life.

No comments:

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff