Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dearest Abby..



"...Time makes you bolder
Children get older
I'm getting older too.."


Abigail Elizabeth, my first child, you turn 12 today. How could this be? Was it not just yesterday that I held you as a baby, that I talked to you and tried to make you laugh? Did the years pass by so quickly that you have gone from a cute little girl to a beautiful young woman in the blink of an eye? Did you really have Junior High Orientation (above) the other day? Part of me wants to slow time down, the other part of me can't wait to see what your future holds as you get ever closer to being grown-up. All of me loves you like I love no other, and while our time together is always much too short, it makes every moment as precious as can be. Have a wonderful day today and always!

No comments:

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff