Wednesday, June 10, 2009

30 Years Today..



On this date in 1979, I went to my first baseball game. Very hard to believe that 30 years has come and gone. It was at Veteran's Stadium (below) in Philadelphia, and I got to see Phil Niekro of the Braves pitch against Steve Carlton of the Phillies. My Grandfather (above, with a cute young me) ran bus trips every year to the Vet and Yankee Stadium, and at age 5, it was deemed that I was old enough to go. It was the beginning of a long odyssey that continues today. I remember alot about that day, and 30 years and 400 attended games later, I am still thankful to my Grandpa's huge role in making me the fan I am today.

3 comments:

Staci Kenney said...

Awww. cute picture. I can't believe you remember stuff like this. :)

Fun Dad said...

awesome bill, congrats!

Mari said...

Aw! That is so awesome you remember the exact date. Cute picture too!

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff