Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bittersweet Symphony



Last night was the first game here between my former and current teams- and it was strange. Unfortunately, none of the P-Nats front office were able to make it up, but I did run into pitching coach Randy Tomlin and pitcher Jack Spradlin, both of whom remembered me and exchanged pleasantries. It was the most of a game I had seen all year here, and I found myself not knowing who to root for- the P-Nats, who are well on their way to the first half title, or the Rocks, who are foundering in third and hoping for a regrouping in the 2nd half. I decided to stay neutral, and the P-Nats won 5-2 behind future pitching star Ross Detwiler. I'm sure it won't be as strange in the future, but if I work for a third Carolina League team next year, that's when it gets complicated.



1 comment:

The Old Guy said...

As a former P-Nats employee, you know where my loyalties lie.

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff