Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Finally!



It appears that my next destination in baseball will be with the Wilmington Blue Rocks. By driving to Wilmington yesterday for a second interview, and adding another 120 miles to the already-driven 1700 to go to Nashville, I sealed the deal. I will be (once again) be in an almost no-pay position, working as Assistant Director of Merchandise, but how sweet it is. What a long 3 months it has been, waiting and wondering if I was going to find anything in baseball again. Hopefully, this will lead to a long and fruitful career with the Blue Rocks. Now, let's score some runs!

A special shout-out to those of you (and you know who you are) who have truly had my back and given me encouragement and words of hope these last three months. It has been a very difficult time both financially and emotionally, and once again, the people that I can always count on have been there. A Christmas miracle indeed.

3 comments:

Ian O'hEnas said...

Now maybe you can figure out what the he!! a Blue Rock is... HE HE HE

Mari said...

Bill,
I am so happy for you and so proud for all you have accomplished! Good Luck!! It will be a great Xmas for you indeed!

Unknown said...

I'm a big Blue Rocks fan, and found your blog through a web search for the Blue Rocks. Congratulations! I hope you enjoy it here in Wilmington.

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff