Monday, October 29, 2007

The Office Convention!

What an unexpected thrill to go to The Office convention on Saturday. It was held in my hometown of Scranton, the setting for the show. I braved the hard rain to go down and spent the entire day taking it all in. First, I got to be in the Office Olympics, a take-off of a Season 2 episode. I did ok, but did not win. Still alot of fun!


After that, I headed back over to the tent to pick up my free t-shirt, and Phyllis Smith (Phyllis) was signing autographs. I got to meet her and she was just as sweet as she is on the show.


Staci and I headed down to grab a bite at one of the many stands that were set up. The Good Alfredo's Pizza was there, as was Poor Richard's and Farley's, all of which are often mentioned on the show. As we walked back up towards the main stage Creed Bratton (Creed) and Craig Robinson were joining local band The Scrantones for a few tunes. Turns out Creed really was in the '60's group The Grass Roots (as is his character).



The highlight of the day was definitely the Q & A with the cast. 10 members of the supporting cast were there and they answered silly and serious questions for 2 hours. They really seemed touched by the reception they had received by locals and out-of-towners alike.



All in all, a great day, hopefully next year, we can all go and hit the non-free events!

1 comment:

Ian O'hEnas said...

I think I would have been more interested if it were in any other city but Scranton!

Glad to hear you had a great time, at least Staci had us to rescue her for a while!

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff