Tuesday, October 09, 2007

From Good To Great- 5-0 Cowboys Have a Folk Hero



Wow! I have not had a sports night like this in awhile! Flipping all night between Monday Night Football with my Cowboys and the playoff game between the Indians and hated Yankees, I was in heaven. The Indians got off to an early lead, but the Cowboys were stinking it up against a much less talented Bills team.

Then, around 11:25 tonight, the Yankees lost and got bounced from the playoffs. As I celebrated that moment, I flip back to a much more important, but excruciating, Cowboys game, we're losing 24-16 with 2 minutes left. Then my boy Tony Romo finally gets on track and brings the Cowboys within 2, all they need is the 2 point conversion. They fail. With 20 seconds left, the Cowboys get the rare onside kick and get the ball back with no timeouts and 20 seconds left. Romo throws a couple short throws and gets the ball set for a long 53 yard field goal for rookie kicker named Nick Folk. Folk has not had a kick longer than 47 yards, but with no time left, he kicks a beautiful 53 yard field goal to win the game. The 'Boys are now 5-0 for the first time since 1983, amazing for a team that won 3 Super Bowls since that year. I couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

Ian O'hEnas said...

Wahoo - go non-Yankees!

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff