Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Final Pfitzner Game- 8/31/07



The beginning of a hectic but wonderful weekend, which would culminate in our wedding, began at Pfitzner Stadium on Friday night. 10 of our "group" that came down early got to see my fianl game here in Woodbridge. I even played a mascot for the first time in my life, as we dug out all the old suits from past incarnation of the Potomac team. I got to be "Prince Willie," a frightening looking thing, to be sure. I'm second from the left.


The highlight of the evening was the Famous Chicken. I am not a big mascot fan, as most people know, but the Chicken is definitely an exception. The skits he put on between innings were priceless. And we got a great photo of most of the front office and coaching staff afterwards. And the P-Nats won their 11th game in a row, a new Nationals franchise record. The only sad thing was being elimated from playoff contention this same evening. 69 games in the books for my first season in baseball, and what a season it was.

No comments:

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff