Monday, May 14, 2007

My Kind of Town...

...Chicago is. Staci and I had a great time in the Windy City over the weekend. We met up with Steve and his brother-in-law Jason as well. It was an action packed few days, as we hit Wrigley Field Thursday afternoon for a Cubs-Pirates game. Later that evening we got to see a funny, funny show at Second City, home to such alumni as Chevy Chase, Gilda Radner and Will Ferrell.

The following day we went to the top of the Sears Tower to overlook the entire city. Then we proceeded to the famous Giordano's Pizza to try our first stuffed crust pizza. Fantastic and filling, and probably the only time in my life where I would only eat two slices. Then it was on to US Cellular Field to see the White Sox take on the Royals. It was no Wrigley, but definitely nicer than I thought it would be. So now I have 20 Major League parks under my belt(19 active), with 11 more to go.

2 comments:

Kate said...

So, should we expect a "Bill's Big League Park Countdown"? :-) It'd be cool to see how you's score the parks and why. (Dude, I can't believe I had to make a Google account to post this. What has this world come to...?!?)

Ian O'hEnas said...

Sounds like a good idea - and maybe a running count of the stadiums you've been to.

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff