Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Clemens Debacle



I'm obviously not happy that Roger Clemens has announced his intention to go back to the hated New York Yankees. It stinks that I have to go back to rooting against him. Two things are worse than this, however, for me. The first is that because he is going back to the American League, I will most likely not get to see him pitch. As many games as I have been to, I have never seen him pitch, which is unbelieveable. We missed him by 2 days last year when we were in Houston. And he didn't pitch in DC the last two years either. The second thing is that he will make 3 minor league starts before joining the Yankees' rotation, and guess where one of them will be? That's right, Scranton, PA, my hometown of fair-weather fans who never gave a damn about the team until it became a Yankees' affiliate this year. And now 12,000 of them, who probably couldn't find Lackawanna County Stadium on a map before this year, will get to see the greatest pitcher of the last 50 years pitch in their backyard. First they get Dunder Mifflin, now this. There's no justice sometimes.

3 comments:

Ian O'hEnas said...

Arg. He should have gone back to Toronto!

Mari said...

He is by far my favorite player next to good ol' Cal Ripken, but, for the love of god, why do these goddamn Scrantonians have this luck?? I would try to go to a game that he is pitching, but I am SURE I wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting a ticket for the beloved SWB Yankees with all the rednecks.

Staci Kenney said...

All I have to say is HA HA! It's about time something went the Yankees way this season!

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff