Sunday, February 03, 2008

Time For The 275,689th Prediction Of The Week...



The big day is here, and I will not let anything stop my love for this day. Even though I hate both teams. Even though there will be no "winner"(see previous post for explanation). Even though I am much more excited about two events surrounding today (Lost premiere last Thursday and Super Tuesday). So, I have decided after much hand-wringing, that I will not let the Immoral Bowl ruin my favorite "holiday." There will still be great food, great commercials, and hopefully, a decent football game. So here is my unscientific, completely on-the-fence prediction. I am with the thinking, of which I can take no credit, that there could be 2 very different outcomes:

Scenario 1: A complete and devastating Patriots blowout in which She-li Manning throws 8 interceptions and Tom Brady does his best Joe Montana. In this scenario, the Patriots win 54-7.

Scenario 2: The Giants are still the Giants who took on the far-superior Cowboys and Packers and outplayed them both. They are still the Giants who only lost by 3 to these Patriots a few weeks ago and just couldn't close the deal. If they are these Giants, they come up with the biggest upset in 25 years and win 41-38.

Which of these do I believe more likely? Scenario 1, unfortunately, though I hope not. Blowouts make the Super Bowl unwatchable, and seeing this immoral team go 19-0 will be close to Bonds "breaking" the home run record, in my mind. So let's hope for a close game and then- it's only 11 days till pitchers and catchers report!

1 comment:

Ian O'hEnas said...

What about friends????

This blog approved by Fred McGriff

This blog approved by Fred McGriff